Friday, April 25, 2008

Assessing Other Groups

It was interesting to assess the other groups UBD projects. There were some similarities between the all the groups and then there were some glaring differences. Some groups decided to write a rubric for assessment, while others just chose to use a piece of an assessment tool. Some of the assessments were coherent with their mission statement and their goals and big ideas. These groups took into consideration the Backwards by design model to heart. Other groups still were using old methods to try and design a curriculum.

Overall I found the process enlightening and hopefully my own curriculum development will serve me well into the future.

1 comment:

Mary Ehid said...

I too found it interesting to assess other groups UbD project. I too learned that we all have different perceptions of what our expections were. However, I do feel there's more than one way to get the job done....